James Hugh Calum Laurie famous as Hugh Laurie is an English actor, comedian, writer, singer and director born on June 11, 1959. In the beginning of his acting career, Hugh joined the university dramatic club “Cambridge Footlights” which produced many famous comedians and actors. During the period of the 1980s and 1990s, Laurie worked on several projects and earned recognition including Blackadder, Jeeves and Wooster and A Bit of Fry & Laurie. The television drama series House provided him breakthrough in 2004 in which Hugh played the role of Dr. Gregory House and received critical acclaim. This play bestowed him with two Screen Actors Guild Awards, two Golden Globe awards and six Emmy nominations. Later on, Laurie appeared in numerous films and television shows such as Monsters vs. Aliens, Mister Pip, Fry and Laurie Reunited and LittleBigPlanet 3. In addition to that, he can play different musical instruments including piano, drums, guitar and saxophone. His talent as a musician can be seen in several television shows including House and Saturday Night Live. In 2011, Hugh released his debut album Let Them Talk which gained commercial success. Afterwards, in 2013 he released his second album Didn’t It Rain with some hit singles. Moreover, being an author Laurie wrote his first novel titled The Gun Seller in 1996 which became a best seller novel. The Paper Soldier is his second novel which has yet to appear. In his personal life, Hugh Laurie married to Jo Green a theatre administrator in 1989 and the couple has three children together.
Hugh Laurie Personal Details:
- Complete Name: James Hugh Calum Laurie
- Nicknames: Hugh Laurie
- Date of Birth: June 11, 1959
- Birthplace: Oxford, England
- Occupation: Actor, Singer, Musician, Comedian
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Light Brown
Hugh Laurie Family Details:
- Father: William Laurie
- Mother: Patricia Laurie
- Siblings: Charles Alexander Lyon Mundell Laurie, Susan Laurie, Janet Laurie
- Spouse: Jo Green (m. 1989)
- Children: Rebecca Augusta Laurie, William Albert Laurie, Charles Archibald Laurie
Hugh Laurie Career Highlights:
- Debut Album: Let Them Talk
- First Film: Plenty
- First TV Show: The Cellar Tapes
Hugh Laurie Body Measurements:
Check out the complete Hugh Laurie body measurements listed below.
- Height in Feet: 6′ 2″
- Height in Centimeters: 188 cm
- Weight in Kilograms: 82 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 180 pounds
- Shoe Size: N/A
Hugh Laurie Interesting Facts:
- Hugh is specialized in social anthropology.
- In 2011, Guinness World Records listed him as the most watched leading man on television.
- Laurie received a lot of attention for his unique way of dressing as a Dr. Gregory House especially the variety of sneakers he wore on the show.